Mexico is the 10th most populated country in the world, with 127 million people. [WORLD BANK, 2015]
Mexico has high-quality human capital:
- 54 million people are considered economically active. According to the National Population Council (CONAPO), this demographic bonus will last at least two more decades.
- Mexico has a young, talented, and prepared population to succeed in the world. Each year, more than 100,000 engineers and technologists graduate.
- According to the National Institute of Statistics and Geography (INEGI), in 2015, 29% of undergraduates studied to obtain an engineering degree.
- 52.2% of all graduate students and 49% of higher education students are women [INEGI, 2015].
- The median age in Mexico, 28 (CONAPO), is lower than in Latin America and the Caribbean (29.2) and European countries such as Germany (46.2). It is even lower than the median age worldwide (29.6) [UNPD, 2015].