Mexico participates in the following EU regional programs aimed specifically to Latin America: SOCIEUX +, EUROsociAL, EUROCLIMA +, EL PACcTO.
- SOCIEUX +: Currently, the program is in the process of collaborating with the Institute of Security and Social Services of State Workers and the Ministry for Labor and Social Welfare in matters of social protection. This collaboration contributes to the fulfillment of the 2030 Agenda and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), particularly Goal 10 on reducing inequality. In early 2018, the Mexican Agency for International Development Cooperation (AMEXCID) and the EU will carry out an event to promote SOCIEUX + and to identify specific cooperation areas.
- EUROsociAL: In April 2017, EUROSOCIAL team officials visited Mexico to identify potential demand, in the three thematic areas of the EUROsociAL + programs: Social Policies, Governance and Gender. Mexican institutions, such as the Ministry of Finance and Public Credit, the National Institute of Migration, the Ministry of the Interior, the Ministry of Social Development, the Ministry of Agrarian, Territorial and Urban Development, the National Institute of Women, the Integral Protection System for Girls, Boys and Adolescents, the National Commission for the Development of Indigenous Peoples, among others, participated by presenting their ideas on how to cooperate, both as donors and recipients.
- In October 2017, the Social Action Secretariat (SAS) of Paraguay visited the Women's Institute of Mexico, within the framework of the EUROsociAL+´s program "Support to the SAS for the construction of indicators for the management and development of people with a gender perspective in their human resources system".
- In November 2017, High-Level Honduran Authorities visited Mexico to collaborate with our National Council for the Evaluation of social Development Policy (CONEVAL) in order to learn best practices on the multidimensional measurement of poverty.
- EUROCLIMA+: Mexico participates in the EUROCLIMA program to support climate policies in Latin America. Mexico participated in the last EUROCLIMA Annual Conference in October2017 to review the current status of the aforementioned cooperation program, as well as the implementation of Nationally Determined Contributions to public policies to combat climate change and the financing of such actions.
- EL PAcCTO. The Europe Latin America Program Assistance Program against Transnational Organized Crime (EL PAcCTO) is a joint initiative of the European Union and Latin American countries that originated in 2015. Currently, the Annual Action Plan is in the process of identifying objectives and results for 2018. The Mexican institutions that collaborate with the Program are the National Security Commission, the Attorney General of the Republic and the Executive Secretariat of the National Public Security System.